GRANNIS-MARTIN MEMORIAL FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP &
GRANNIS MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
The Grannis-Martin Memorial Foundation Scholarship and the Grannis Memorial Scholarship are awarded to students who are entering or currently attending a seminary with plans to work in a United Methodist ministry. Applicants must have a Minnesota connection through church, family, a Minnesota institution or organization in which the applicants are or have been involved. The awards are originally made as loans with one-third of the outstanding loan balance forgiven for each year of service to the United Methodist Church.
GRANNIS-MARTIN SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS
Grannis-Martin Scholarship loans are usually between $1000 and $1300, depending on the number of awards.
GRANNIS MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS
Grannis Memorial Scholarship loans are usually between $200 and $400.
To be eligible for the scholarship, candidates must:
1. Be enrolled in a seminary.
2. Be planning a vocation to serve the United Methodist Church.
3. Have a Minnesota connection.
4. Complete an application form.
5. Have a most recent official transcript sent to the Scholarship Committee.
6. Have three letters of recommendation, pertaining to academic work and commitment, sent to the Scholarship Committee.
7. Have all materials sent to the Scholarship Committee by the appropriate deadline:
The deadline: July 15
On-Line Application Form
pdf Application Form
Send completed application materials to the following address:
First United Methodist Church
302 5th Ave. S.
St. Cloud, MN 56301
Ph. 320-251-0804 Fax: 320-251-0878
Scholarships will be awarded in September.